[TenTec] Jupiter Bashing/eHam Reviews

Tom Rauch W8JI@contesting.com
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 08:44:11 -0400

> I would ask all TT loyalists out there to not blame eHam or their
> policies. Like many of you, I find eHam an invaluable resource.  Long
> before I go out and buy a piece of Amateur Radio gear I check the
> comments on eHam.

If we stay away from subjective personal opinions and use measured
data to compare performance, most of the problems vanish.

Once we get beyond facts and into opinions, much or most of the
information is meaningless. This is true for everything from antennas
to radios.

That's why QST and RSGB publications are so valuable, if you skip the
fluff in the text and look at the measurements. That's also why I
never trust a CQ or Internet review forum as a sole source for
critical information.73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com