[TenTec] Jupiter Bashing/eHam Reviews

Brian Haren bharen@bellsouth.net
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 11:19:41 -0400

All,

OK, I'm the guy who started this thread earlier in the week with my original
post "Jupiter Taking a Beating?" on the 26th.  Not since I dropped the IRS a
note telling them I was not going to pay income taxes ever again have my
written words caused such a stir!  It's obvious that a certain  individual
(or individuals?) had a 'thing' against the Jupiter (multiple negative
postings from the same callsign, many of them removed by the eHam forum
monitor).   It's also ovbvious from the replies that made it onto the
reflector, and those sent directly to me, that the negative comments on eHam
had already stirred the ire of TT loyalists across the US.

I would ask all TT loyalists out there to not blame eHam or their policies.
Like many of you, I find eHam an invaluable resource.  Long before I go out
and buy a piece of Amateur Radio gear I check the comments on eHam.  Regular
users of eHam quickly learn how to 'read' the subjective evaluations in the
'Product Reviews' section and can usually tell who's written an honest
report and who's reacting emotionally.  I suspect that what's happened with
the Jupiter section of the Product Reviews site has happened with other
radios or related gear.  In the long run the truth prevails, and as more
Jupiter owners post their honest reviews the radio's subjective rating will
improve.  I would only ask that, if you do intend to post a review, make it
substantive.  Carefully describe your setup, operating mode(s), antenna(s),
and backup your comments with specifics.  While the eHam 'Product Reviews'
section is set up to take subjective reviews, we owe it to all of our fellow
hams to post the most honest, accurate and specific reviews to help them
with their decision-making process.  This goes for the Jupiter or any other
piece of gear you care to comment on!

OK, 'nuf said about Jupiter bashing.  Let's say we move on.  Hey Scott,
how's that external speaker project for the Jupiter coming along?!

73!

Brian
W8BYH