[TenTec] Would like Corsair II comments

Steve Ellington n4lq@iglou.com
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 22:50:59 -0400

Tim:
Just curious. To what do you attribute the deafness of the IC-706 compared
to the 509? We all know that the 706 will beat the Argo on the test bench so
what makes it so hot? Is it the lack of noise?
I think you'll find the Corsair to be a bit noiser than the Argo 509 so we
will be interested to hear your comparison report.
Steve Ellington N4LQ.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim English" <te@usol.com>
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 9:44 PM
Subject: [TenTec] Would like Corsair II comments

Hello, I am new to this list and am about to become the proud owner of a
Corsair II and would like to hear some comments good or bad on anyone elses
experience with this rig. I did alot of review reading and narrowed my
choices to either an Omni D or Corsair II but the Corsair's positive input
won me over. I became hooked on Ten Tec rig's recently with the purchase of
an Argonaut 509. Comparing the receiver of the Argo to my IC-706 and IC-745
the Argo won hands down. I can copy CW signals Q5 on the Argo that I cant
even hear on the 706 and 745. The ole 745 went bye bye on eBay last week and
my Corsair should be here in a couple of days. Would like to hear from
anyone who cares to reply. Thanks.
--
Tim, K8TJ
te@usol.com