[TenTec] Would like Corsair II comments

Mike Hyder -N4NT- N4NT@chartertn.net
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:48:55 -0400

Well, I like my Corsair II.  Prior to that I used and still use the
Triton 544, the Omni-C and a little Argosy2.  At first the increase in
noise from the Corsair II troubled me, but by reducing the RF gain
slightly the Corsair II becomes about as quiet as the earlier rigs
which are quiet indeed.  I have an Autek QF-1A audio filter on the
audio output of the Corsair -- I keep it set on 'Lowpass' with both
knobs set at about the 9 am position and it really reduces or
eliminates that noise.  Comparing my experience with that of the other
posters in this thread, I like the AGC of the Corsair II but I do not
use the rig for demanding tasks -- just ragchewing with a bunch of
fellows who all run kilowatts.

73, Mike N4NT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim English" <te@usol.com>
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 9:44 PM
Subject: [TenTec] Would like Corsair II comments

Hello, I am new to this list and am about to become the proud owner of
a Corsair II and would like to hear some comments good or bad on
anyone elses experience with this rig. I did alot of review reading
and narrowed my choices to either an Omni D or Corsair II but the
Corsair's positive input won me over. I became hooked on Ten Tec rig's
recently with the purchase of an Argonaut 509. Comparing the receiver
of the Argo to my IC-706 and IC-745 the Argo won hands down. I can
copy CW signals Q5 on the Argo that I cant even hear on the 706 and
745. The ole 745 went bye bye on eBay last week and my Corsair should
be here in a couple of days. Would like to hear from anyone who cares
to reply. Thanks.
--
Tim, K8TJ
te@usol.com