[TenTec] My beloved Paragon

MIKE SOUHRADA wb9iog@revealed.net
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 21:05:49 -0500

WA3FIY wrote:

Boy you guys are making me feel good!
I picked up a real basket case Paragon for a song and dance a few weeks
ago.
Problem -- it was in a flood!
Normally one would think it's a total loss. I don't think so. The
prognosis
is some corrosion and rust but I think the patient will live.

Didn't know much about the Paragon except it was an early version of a
"larger"
full featured transceiver.

The title made my day.
Years ago if a boat anchor would be in a flood it's really shot. With
today's
solid state gear there is much less concern for water damage. My fingers
are
crossed!

Wish me luck and I need about 100 hours of bench time.
I'd never ever consider sending something like this unit to Ten Tec for
repair,
nor anything else.
Mike
Iowa
BTW we do have a few floods in the area.