[TenTec] Just a quick thought...

Mark Hinkel mrhinkel@ix.netcom.com
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 13:04:21 -0400

Hi Alan,

You should have sent this thru the server...   I'd just like everyone
else to see how many "other people" agree with this.

I'm not quite as old as everyone thinks...   only 47.  But I've seen the
computer industry literally "brain wash" too many good RF guys.

The majority of my time on the computer is spent writing e-mails to
people.  I type up (or copy and paste) a "text only" e-mail version of
our local radio club news letter.  Even that has been computerized.
(it's now a pdf file)  Many of the old timers cannot understand the new
computer stuff, so they won't bother to download the files.  The "text
only" version is also popular with the vision impaired;  it works with
virtually any speech reader, some readers simply won't read a multiple
column pdf file.

Don't get me wrong, computers are nice, and their here to stay.  Their
in every automobile these days, and many appliances too.  But until my
PC breaks down, I'll stay with the old Intel mother board running a P100
with only 32 meg if RAM.  And my Netscape...   to the great dismay of
Bill Gates.

Thanks for the welcome reply.

Mark Hinkel   WA3QVU
Willow Grove, Pa.