[TenTec] Vertical Ant. Question / Suggestion

Jim Miller k4sqr@juno.com
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 12:30:22 -0400

Gordon;

Either repair-rebuild the G5RV or a dipole since you are still working
for County Awards, ie, high angle signals.

A vertical exhibits Low Angle signals suited for chasing DX or long haul.
If space permits, make a 20M vertical wire from either black or green
insulated wire and suspend from a tree limb etc. at least 1/2 wave from
the dipole/G5RV to avoid mutual coupling.

The dipole will get more close in contacts for your awards unless most
needed are long haul. Two types of antennas are best of both worlds for
any station.

73,

Jim Miller, K4SQR
http://www.comteksystems.com