For cryin' out loud... Re: [TenTec] Powermite Users Group?

Paul Valko w8kc@comcast.net
Tue, 03 Dec 2002 23:55:38 -0500

Hi Ed,

Yeah, you missed something and I appologize.  A few weeks ago I had a rant
because some of the guys on here split off and created a Yahoo group for the
Argonaut V.

As a joke, I created a splinter group to discuss the Ten*Tec 239, a 300 watt
dummy load.  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ten-Tec239/

You see where this is going...

It is totally ridiculous for such a small group of aficionados (Ten*Tec
fans) to split off into these little Balkanized sub-groups.  It is insanity
and will be self destructive in the long run.  We have a few HUNDRED people
on the ENTIRE Ten*Tec reflector.  The Yaesu FT-817 has well over THREE
THOUSAND subscribers.

If there were 3,000 Ten*Tec ANYTHING that could support a splinter group,
I'd still be opposed to it.

This is the TenTec reflector and discussions of ANY Ten*Tec product should
(for the good of everyone) remain here.

Nobody is forcing you, but I personally and very sincerely hope you (and the
other two fellows) decide to stay here and talk up your PowerMites.

73! =paul= W8KC
Collector of Ten*Tecs and Other Fine Plastics.
Visit the Virtual Ten*Tec Museum at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/w8kc