[TenTec] Fwd: Re: GEORGE et al - QUESTION ON THE "HEAVY SIDETONE"

Steve Ellington N4LQ@igLou.com
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 22:18:34 -0500

I just checked the sidetone on the TS-870's internal K1 Logikeyer. There are
two items in the menu that affect weight. One is called "weight" the other
is called "keying compensation". Both seem to do exactly the same thing
although they are described differently in the manual. The sidetone follows
all settings so I conclude if you want to use a Logikey K1 to increase
weighting, you'll have to contend with a "heavy" sidetone.
I suppose there are no keyers that will increase weight without affecting
the sidetone. Fortunately, I don't need to compensate for anything with this
rig.
Steve
N4LQ