[TenTec] Ten-Tec External Speaker

Ken & Linda Burrough Ken & Linda Burrough" <w8keb@1st.net
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 22:03:11 -0500

Dave/wa6ccqj wrote----

I would like to know if any has found a really good sounding external
speaker for the Ten Tec Jupiter.

Dave when I had my Jupiter I used an old Heathkit SB-600 speaker.  It gave
great audio, I now use it on my Omni VI Plus.  The Drake MS 4 has been
reported to have good audio with Ten-Tec rigs however I have not tried it.

I traded the Jupiter for a Pegasus and use the LINE OUT to the computer
sound card with great results.  I think the Jupiter has the LINE OUT on it
and you may want to try the computer sound card.  So far that gives me the
best audio.

On my Omni C I use the MFJ 281 CLEAR TONE Speaker with good results however
if I could find a good Heathkit SB-600 Speaker I would put it on the old
Omni C.

Good luck on this, it is the only complaint I have with Ten-Tec
transceivers.

Ken/w8keb
Flushing, Ohio
w8keb@arrl.net