[TenTec] Orion?

Larry Kayser kayser@sympatico.ca
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 18:34:25 -0500

and Jim , KH7M wrote

>BTW,  am still learning my way around my new Pegasus/
>RX-340/N4PY 21st Century super Ten Tec station.  The
>RX-340 is awesome,  to say the least!  And Carl's software
>puts lots of icing on the "cake",  hi.  Wonder how much of Pegasus
>and the 340 rcvr might find its' way into Orion?

I hope TT takes a little extra time and gets it right this time.  For those
of use who consider the Scout and the Pegasus/Jupiter to be just a little
"to marginal" in the engineering sense, I hope they really do some good
work with the Orion.

There are design issues that need a thorough work out, the CW speed limit
on the OMNI VI+ is also a source of the "chirp " that some to many have
noted in other forums....

It will be especially important the those writing reviews of this new radio
have a basic idea of what to look for and test for, some discussion is
definitely needed.

Larry
VA3LK