[TenTec] ORION

Ron Notarius WN3VAW wn3vaw@fyi.net
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 10:15:35 -0500

I'd love to see a computer interface that used an Ethernet port instead of a
serial port.  Imagine putting your radio in a remote location, like a
(SECURED!!!) building next to your tower, running one run of low loss RG-213
or 9913 families of coax (anyone remember 10Base-5?) and doing full remote
control from anywhere in your house.

Add TCP/IP capability, and you could put the rig anywhere that you could put
an Internet connection to.  (Obviously with some security issues to address;
as they say, the devil IS in the details...)

73, ron wn3vaw

----- Original Message -----
From: Paul DeWitte K9OT <k9ot@mhtc.net>
To: <TenTec@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 9:51 AM
Subject: [TenTec] ORION

On the subject of features for the new rig I see no reason to have VHF/UHF
in a HF rig as you can only listen to one band at a time (unles you have
dual independent recieve) anyway. A lot of the all band hf/vhf/uhf rigs
compromise their performance on some bands. I would rather have a VERY good
HF rig and if I wanted to get on vhf/uhf get a seperate rig for those
bands.I would guess this will be the top of the line radio and see them put
ALL of their efforts in to making it the best HF rig out of TEN TEC yet.
Personal opinion only. 73 Paul k9ot