[TenTec] all bands 1 box

Frank Ayers w2fca@qsl.net
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:40:04 -0800

The difference between signal strengths on six and up can be
amazing. During some contests or openings on six meters, I can
have 6 different stations running 1500 watts out to 12 db gain
antennas line of sight to me. And, I'm 20 kHz away trying to
work somebody who is S2.
I use an Omni V and DEM transverters for VHF/UHF. The transverters
don't overload and yet have a good noise figure while the Omni
doesn't overload either and yet has low phase noise and great
selectivity.
>From what I've seen, for casual use an allband VHF rig might
be okay but for best performance, transverters are the way to
go.

Frank
W2FCA