[TenTec] Answer to Adding RIT to My 301 Box

Dale L Martin kg5u@hal-pc.org
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 18:39:50 -0600

Eric,

Try this:

run the phase 0 and 1 leads to/through the DB25 to the encoder box.

Mount a double pole, double throw switch on the box.

Disconnect Phase 0 and 1 leads from the encoder and run them to a pair of
the switch stator terminals.

Run two wires from the switch armature terminals to the encoder phase 0 and
1

Connect the RIT cable phase 0 and 1 to the remaining switch stator
terminals.

Now, when plugged into the radio and the radio is on, the encoder is always
powered.  The switch controls whether it controls the main tuning or the
RIT.   One knob.  One switch.  Done.

I've done something similar but different:  I'm remote tuning the main
tuning of two different radios using a switch to switch between them.  Works
great.

http://www.hal-pc.org/~kg5u/301.html

73,
dale, kg5u