[TenTec] Scout Help

James C. Owen, III k4cgy_list@yahoo.com
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 07:05:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Allen,
   The simple answer to both of your questions is YES.  There is
a little audio feedthrough to the speaker but I never found it to
be a real problem with a speaker, becomes more anoying with
headphones. I'm not sure if there is a fix for this.

   The VFO is pretty stiff and it takes a lot of twisting to go
from one end of a band to the other. This is my mail gripe about
the rig. I've been looking for a knob with a crank or at least a
finger  hole but haven't found one small enough. We need one
that's not more thatn 1.5 inches.

   The other "problem" ? I've had is that there are a couple of
frequencies that the gate signal from the counter causes a beep,
beep and of course it's always on a frequency you want to
monitor.
The one that bothers me is 14.336 the county hunters frequency.
There is a way to cure it on SSB and that is to switch to the
speed setting, this way it moves the gate frequency to a
different spot. The VFO is now always unlocked but mine never
drifts after a 15 minute warmup. I can leave it on all day and
not touch it.

73 Jim K4CGY