[TenTec] Pegasus

Ernest Mills emills@nycap.rr.com
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 14:34:45 -0400

Hi Ya'll,
    I need help on a couple of things with the Pegasus. Cant find email =
tech help on tt site.

    First off, I want to FLASH the firmware to 1.19 as mine is still at =
1.17b1  Prob;em is I follow the eight step procedure in the help file. =
ie turn off xcvr, connect pc, turn on xcvr, start update program (new =
download from tt), select COM port (2 in my case) click UPDATE, selected =
the 550V1190.RUF file (loader is ver 1.026) and get an error message =
"...communication with Radio failed ...."
    I rebooted the computer, switched the rig off/on again and still get =
this message. Anybody got any ideas fer me? :)

    Secondly, I have used the PT-11 internal tuner since last November =
but not on 80 meters.  When I try and do an auto tune on 80, although it =
seems to go through it's thing, when I transmit the ALC led comes on at =
about 10w Forward, 4 watts rev, as measured on the CN-801 power/SWR =
meter. If I use the MFJ Versa tuner using the meter on it, I can tune =
normally and run the rig with about 50w with 1.5 reflected. Again any =
ideas would be really appreciated.

    Ernie WM2U
  =20
   =20