[TenTec] Arithmetic Check

WA3FIY wa3fiy@radioadv.com
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 17:38:53 -0400

Looks to me like you got it OK Jim.   I have always used the
relationships you derived there for voltage to db conversion,
Namely,  0.5/2 X voltage =  6db power change.    0.1/10 X
voltage = 20db power change.

For power to power conversions I use  0.5/2 X power = 3db
power change and 0.1/10 X power = 10db power change.

BTW, these will work for any resistance as long as it is held
constant for the comparison.

-73-

-Lee-