[TenTec] Arithmetic Check

Jim Reid jimr.reid@verizon.net
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 12:51:09 -1000

Thanks to the several of you who have  replied to
my query.  I was pretty accurate.  Made one really
big goof:  reported that the S meter of the RX-340
went up to +80 dBm!  Cerrtainly not;  it goes to +10dBm,
or per Ten Tec to S9 + 80 dB.  That's from where I
got that number,  hi.

Anyway,  now know how to move about among dBuv,  dBm,
and basic microvolts,  without too much  trouble.  Thanks
again.

Also,  turns out had I read a bit deeper into the Help files
of ACE-HF,  I would have learned that the program
does a conversion from dBuv to S units,  and gives the
curves!

73,  Jim  KH7M