[TenTec] N1MM Logger

KE4TEG ke4teg@bellsouth.net
Thu, 06 Jun 2002 15:08:48 -0400

Hello Barry,

Inappropriate, I think one needs to go back and read all the posting from
the beginning before one starts ASSuming. I will first state that I am
sorry for calling it shareware and not "Open Source Software". I only used
the term that Brian used, "Shareware" again sorry.

Now for the complete details, nowhere did I put down anyones software.
Nowhere did I put anybody down. Nowhere did I complain about N1MM's logger.
All I said was that if it did not have what Brian wanted, then he should
look elsewhere like maybe LOGic 6.0. And yes there are of course others
such as Log-EQF or DX4WIN (just naming 2 more and NOT all of them). I did
not even say it was lacking anything, Brian did (no Ten-Tec Rig Control). I
made no mention of features or lack there of. That says nothing about
N1MM's efforts or his software. I never typed a word of not respecting his
work or his efforts.

In the future please do not put words in my posts that are not there.
Please do not read any tone into them, the posts are only typed word
E-mails. All of us have "pet" products, especially if we are Ten-Tec Fans.
I actually think it might make us worse about "pet" products if we enjoy
and appreciate Ten-Tec Rigs. But that does not make one product better then
another or the right product for another Ham.

I really like the WR9R logging program and its ease of use. It just doesn't
do everything I want it to do or in the way I want it done, so I do not use
it. That doesn't mean its bad. That does not mean its not perfect for the
next Ham.

Anyway, hope to hear all these Ten-Tec rigs on the air for Field Day.

73,
Keith de KE4TEG