[TenTec] FS: Triton 540

NZ8J timcook@erinet.com
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 10:39:10 -0400

I have a Triton 540 for sale, it is about a 7 to 8 in appearance, and =
works 100% (most of the time) It has a problem in that from time to time =
the audio will have what sounds like static, or "popping"  "crackling" =
sounds. the receive sigs are still there, but the noise is about the =
same level. It will stop with a "POP" and is quiet again. It's hard to =
explain the symptoms, but it sounds like maybe a cap is breaking down or =
something like that. I took the IF-AGC board out and reheated some of =
the joints and it seemed to fix the problem for several days, but it is =
starting to do it again. Also, I am running it from a 12 vdc battery and =
not a 13.8 vdc supply. I don't know if the slightly lower voltage is a =
contributing factor or not. The PTO has been rebuilt and is smooth. has =
a new dial cord. Includes the optional CW filter and noise blanker. I =
have the original manual, complete, but the pages are loose. It puts out =
full power andI believe it has all the 10 meter xtals.   Has the power =
cord that will connect to a standard non ten tec supply and has a relay =
wired in line so that the front panel on-off switch will work with any =
supply.   I will sell it as-is and ship and insure it in the lower 48 =
for $140.00. Please email with any questions. I can send a pic of it for =
those who are interested.

thanks
Tim
NZ8J