[TenTec] eham centurion 0 review

Ed Tanton n4xy@earthlink.net
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 15:03:27 -0400

Perhaps you didn't read my comments very well Jon... to wit: I don't mind a
bit if someone negatively reviews Ten-Tec. Nor Icom; nor any other equipment.

What I DO mind is when an individual publishes multiple "reviews" of a
highly critical nature when he clearly has an axe to grind-as opposed to an
honest evaluation. I mind when that same individual uses other "reviews" to
continue with the same diatribic BS.

I quite agree that one should expect new gear to work when received. But it
doesn't always work that way, does it? Most of the time, yes. But it's
happened to me with Icom, and others with Kenwood. It's even happened to
the ARRL on occasion. I have to question why the person under fire would
consider buying anything from Ten-Tec if he hated them so much over the
Jupiter he bought.

I don't always "Buy American", nor do I believe I am a "Ten-Tec fanatic". I
recently-and publicly (on the TT reflector) got all over their case over
the new Orion. I buy the best product for the job-that I can afford.

I simply believe in a semblance of fairness and objectivity in any
publication purporting to call a "RANT" a "review". Apparently eham agreed.

73 Ed Tanton N4XY <n4xy@earthlink.net>

Ed Tanton N4XY
189 Pioneer Trail
Marietta, GA 30068-3466