[TenTec] Preponderance and Postulating, Ohhhrion.

Ben Kadish K8DIT benk8dit@serv.net
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 21:33:49 -0800

I'm not a race horse fan, but the one time I went to one, I was paying
attention to the ritual of acquiring and evaluating the program. Relative to
the seriousness of the paying patron, the work of choosing a horse to bet on
seemed to take be quite a complex chore. The pharase, "who do you like?"
seemed to invite a brief exchange of ideas, but when the betting windows
opened it was time to make a decision. Ham radio has a similar flavor. In
that we all know what it is we're going after, we have choices and
infromation. We put down our money on the best choice with the knowledge
that it's only as good as the information we've recieved.
There's no science there. There's no certainty.
Rather than continue the paralell between the two, suffice it to say that
there are alot of torn tickets. People who enjoy only winning usually don't
return to the races. So enjoy your choice of ham radio based on the best
info you can get and put your money on a ten tec, 'cuz they're sure footed
on a wet track.