[TenTec] Orion Preview & wishes

Bill Steffey ny9h@arrl.net
Wed, 06 Mar 2002 09:43:05 -0600

After I installed dual displays ( on my computer) I thought how handy it
would be to have an adjustable tv screen next to the DX4WIN?OMNI6 hookup...
ham radio & CNBC...  what a way to go..and it is great ..'video' would be
cool,
back to reality:

I wonder, with thoughts of the Kachina guy, will the ORION have a smith
chart like the Kachina. Since I don't have a clue of how to use that
information, it would be a land of learning. Hopefully TT will remember
that we own alot of Hercules, and will provide an easy configuration.
And for the wish pile:   will the "scope" feature be able to monitor not
just a received audio signal, but be able to see the transmitted signal. (
maybe by using the second receiver.)  It would be nice to check the output
not just of the Xcvr but also the Titan !!!! ( no flat topping here
!!)   Using an attenuated second receiver would keep all that big rf away
from the  xcvr.
Anybody know a cheap airline to Charlotte ?????
waiting for the the dig pix
bill

At 11:50 PM 3/5/02, Dale L Martin wrote:

>The display...I forgot about that.....will it do cable?

NY9H pictures on Epson's Photo site,
the pix files are
large,  http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1771119&a=13683578