[TenTec] Orion Preview

Bill Steffey ny9h@arrl.net
Wed, 06 Mar 2002 12:29:23 -0600

Warren......   while you can't wait to see and hear it ;
       It looks like a lot of us will step up and shell out the 3+K...& .
buy it.....

That is what the marketplace needs, a TT that will woop the other guy's big
boxes.
Bill's marketing sez:  you have your DXer's 756pros & MPV  and I'll bet big
money that they both outsell the omni6+, plus a Kenwood. That makes the
omni the # four big radio seller, either way. By the time you get to #4 ,
following three big sellers, the unit count is WAY down. If ICOM and Yaesu
do not show a BIG new KILLER radios AT DAYTON..( I don't consider the
Kenwood, or MKV or 756 close to the Orion) TEN TEC may finally be able to
generate a large sales number ( for them) of a very expensive radio. That
is great for TT, great for US, for USA and for those who want a very cool
smaller TT radio. TT can then distill down the technology, that we'll
(ORION) be paying for and implement into a $1800-$2200 radio. This could be
the way TT doesn't have to spread their engineering expense across the
sales volume of OMNI,( at fourth place) but across a substantially larger
number approaching those of a Yacomwood.
Hallelujah, hang on for a great ride.......

bill ny9h

      do ya think I drank too much coffee this morning ?????
  now I'll go away and wait for the pictures.
        Scott, Do you want me to demo it at the 4,000+ NS9RC fest on march
24th ???????in Chicago ??????
At 09:52 AM 3/6/02, Warren J. Walsh wrote:
>At 17:13 3/5/02 -0500, you wrote:
>
>"""""!  Can't wait to see and hear it.""""""
>
>73
>Warren Walsh - K2BM

NY9H pictures on Epson's Photo site,
the pix files are