[TenTec] ORION ..comments

Dale L Martin kg5u@hal-pc.org
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 08:21:08 -0600

> I too fret about RCA connectors for power uses, they
> are a disaster waiting to happen. On all of my Down
> East Microwave transverters I went so far as to
> replace all power RCA's with pig tail leads.
>
> I like the idea of capping them.
>
> Duane
> N9DG

Duh...(me, not you!)
It wasn't until someone mentioned just plugging it with a dummy plug or cap
that I stopped what I was doing last night and did just that.  I had two old
RCA plugs with plastic backshells and clipped the ground/cable strain
relief, put the backshell on and plugged the 13.8v jacks.  Sometimes it
takes me a bit longer than usual to figure something out....should have done
this years ago.

73,
dale, kg5u