[TenTec] Orion Comment ( too long) [More too long]

Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX RMcGraw@Blomand.Net
Sat, 09 Mar 2002 21:52:29 -0600

I kinda like Duane's approach..........err to a certain extent.

  I want a radio that has the features that I need and performs the way I
need it to perform.  That's the way I make a decision on anything I buy, be
it a $499 radio (recent used Paragon), a $3500 radio or a $45,000
automobile.  Regarding radios, I never gave 2nd thoughts to the color or the
layout 'cause the fellow on the other end couldn't see it.  Only hear it and
I wanted to be able to hear him.  That's important.  Now if he should visit
you shack then perhaps "cosmetics" becomes important.

If we are all so concerned about having no front panel, no knobs, a great
color screen  and etc etc, that's what is in front of me now.  Then why not
QSY to a "ham radio" chat room on the internet?  If you don't like the QSO
there, then grab the mouse, point to a different place and QSY.  Even
monitor 2 chat rooms at once.  Folks, what you are asking for, everything,
is here........but not in ham radio circles.

Folks,   all of the banter is going nowhere.  Get real.

Tentec builds GREAT radios.  They have in the past and will in the future.
If you don't want a GREAT radio or can't afford a GREAT radio then go buy
something else and be satisfied with 2nd or 3rd or 4th best.  As one recent
writer so aptly put it "if you can't run with the big dogs then stay under
the porch".  wolf wolf - yip yip yip

Me, in my mind, I'll buy a GREAT radio.  It most likely will be Tentec, but
if I so decide, it might be something else.  Not likely however.  Oh yea,
I'll most likely keep my OMNI VI+ with all of it's "tummy full" of Tentec
filters.  Yep, this is the one that has no birdies on 10M too. :)  And yes,
my pair of 3-500Z's drive just fine to legal output with less than 100 watts
of drive. :)  Uh, that's a stock Tentec product too. :)  :)

P & M     P & M     P & M   etc  :(    :(

73
Bob K4TAX (with the flame suit on)   Let 'em rip