[TenTec] KB7OEX: a big plus favoring ORION

Tom Rauch W8JI@contesting.com
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 05:21:08 -0500

> If they go forward, then network of microprocessors may be an
> alternative.  Arrays and network of microprocessors in large
> electronic systems such as a radar common digitizer are common.  Even
> in the late seventies a radar digitizer was built that 18
> microprocessors working on a common buss this didn't count the ones
> used in the display. As you say for a functions in a transceiver what
> would be the need?  Who knows what will be used as the bells and
> whistles keep increasing on radios.

If I wanted a radar receiver that maps hundreds of echos and
measures frequency shift of each echo, I'd expect a complex data
storage and signal processing system.

If I wanted a receiver that was free of birdies, had wide dynamic
range, and picked out only one frequency and one signal out of
hundreds, I'd want the most simple possible system.
73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com