[TenTec] Dayton and the 516

Ken & Linda Burrough Ken & Linda Burrough" <w8keb@1st.net
Wed, 22 May 2002 21:22:31 -0400

Hi All

Bob WB2VUF wrote---" The SGC is about $675, but if you
want DSP, the price is $800; the same as the 516. However, the SGC has a
more rugged portable look. (Whether it is indeed rugged I don't know.
The pigtail antenna lead is not a reliable design). "

When SGC brought out the ADSP last year I had my SG-2020 upgraded.  It cost
me over $100. I can't remember how much now but if I would have had the
Argonaut V that upgrade would have been FREE!

The Argonaut V has 35 filters standard, flash rom, PSK-31, 20 watt amp,
general coverage receiver and much more.  How much more does anyone want for
$795.00?

Mine is ordered and I will be one of the first to get it, I even ordered it
before I saw it at Dayton.  With a company like Ten-Tec behind it how can
one go wrong?

I forgot one more thing, the Argonaut V also has the 30 day return policy
offered by Ten-Tec, I can't go wrong.

Ken/w8keb
Flushing, Ohio
w8keb@arrl.net