[TenTec] any real live reports yet?

Jeff Peacock ve3ios@servers.ca
Tue, 28 May 2002 13:32:43 -0400

Keith I use a Koss headphone. It is actuallly a radio shack headphone =
that was made for them by Koss. Cost about $70.00 when new. I found the =
other headphones were to muddy and I wanted to hear the higher end. I =
work a lot of 75/80 meters in the winter and am always looking for those =
weak signals way in the background that most stations just tune past =
without knowing they are there. Thanks to Ten tec receivers!!!!!!!
Jeff
ve3ios
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: KE4TEG=20
  To: Jeff Peacock ; tentec@contesting.com=20
  Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2002 12:58 PM
  Subject: Re: [TenTec] any real live reports yet?

  Hello Jeff,

  You say you upgraded. Upgraded to what? Other then going to High-end =
Hi-FI audio headphones (Sennheiser HD600 Audiophile / Professional =
Headphone as an example), what is there? And is the use of them =
warranted due to the audio range of the human voice and the audio =
response of Amateur Rigs? I am not a super Dxer, but I do enjoy working =
weak signal VHF DX. Why would I want to hear or be bothered by audio at =
12KHz or above?

  I am having trouble with my Heil on my 526, but have no complaints =
when using it with the 555 Scout or Omni VI. The 526 is also not an =
audio or punch problem, but rather somehow it causes the radio to loss =
its mind and not transmit properly. Causing me to have to do a master =
reset and lose all my programmed setting and frequencies. Ten-Tec is =
aware of the problem but other then using another mic, they have no =
solution or plans to find one at this time. Looks like I am on my own to =
find one, I am not giving up my Heil headset.=20

  And as far as the 526 goes, its a great little radio for the money. I =
only have 3 complaints with the 526: 1) no built in CW keyer (they could =
have easily included a Tick4 or way to install the kit) causing me to =
drag my big Ten-Tec keyer/key with me instead of just my Bencher. 2) No =
interface to program and save radio memory setting (all modern rigs =
should have this option as a standard). 3) I wish it had 50 or 60 watts =
out instead of 20 (its hard to get a 6M amp that takes less the 50 watts =
of drive). The good news is I now have a 6M amp that uses a 3CX800 that =
takes only 20 watts of drive. The search is on for a 2M amp.=20

  Later,

  73 Keith
  de KE4TEG