[TenTec] Century 22 - low output?

Rick Williams ve7asr@telus.net
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 18:13:10 -0800

I'm in the process of reorganizing the shack - an ongoing project - and I
finally have the Century 22 back on the air.  It works well except on 80
metres.  The ALC bias is adjusted to give approximately 20 to 22 watts
output on all bands before the LED lights.  This is the case on all bands
except 80 metres.

On 80 meters the maximum output varies from 8 or 9 watts near 3500 kHz to
about 20 watts near 4000 kHz?  Even with the drive up full the ALC LED never
comes close to being on?

The rig is relatively new to me and perhaps this is just the nature of the
beast?

Any comments or assistance would be appreciated.  Thanks.

73,
Rick
VE7ASR