[TenTec] Omni V audio mod

Rick Williams ve7asr@telus.net
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 19:04:23 -0800

Bob I believe the Inrad audio change your speaking of was on the Omni VI not
the Omni V??  Certainly the filters can be updated on both.

73,
Rick
VE7ASR
From: "ROBERT STEPHENS" <bstephens1@mindspring.com>
To: "Gary Hoffman" <ghoffman@spacetech.com>, tentec@contesting.com,
   tlogan7@cox.net
Subject: Re: Re: [TenTec] Omni V audio mod
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 21:36:42 -0500

 Tnx to all for your replies,

I've just spent about 2 hours searching the archives for more info.  My
eyes are red and I can barely see the screen <g>
It looks like the best set up for ssb would be to install pairs of 2.8, 2.4
and 1,8 filters. Unfortunately , I would then need to buy a separate rig
for cw ;-) I am not a serious cw op, but I do operate some cw and would
like to be able to single out signals since my "internal" (between the
ears) filter is not so good..

Having read the archives I now have a more specific question. Assuming that
the rig has a pair of 1.8 filters as well as a pair of 2.8 filters would
the $15 internal capacitor mod offered by INRAD degrade the performance of
the 1.8 filters?

P.S. [The reason I am asking these questions is because I am thinking of
getting a new (used) rig and I want use it for listening to DX, casual
relaxed contesting and I also want a really nice sounding ssb rig. I want a
rig that sounds as good as Jupiters are supposed to sound, but I also want
a receiver as good as an Omni. I would settle for a receiver not quite as
good as an Omni. I am also considering the 756 and TS 850. Of course the
Orion would also do the trick <wide grin> ]

73
Bob ,KB1CIW