[TenTec] TWINCOM feedline ?????????????

Alderman, Chester CAlderma@ora.fda.gov
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 14:42:59 -0400

building your own open wire line....after all, hams are noted for building
some part of their gear!!!

Tom/W4BQF

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Atkinson, K5UJ [mailto:k5uj@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 2:03 PM
To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] TWINCOM feedline ?????????????

I'm planning on putting open wire feed through a basement window by knocking

out a middle window pane (removing it with care actually) and putting in a
plexiglass pane with holes drilled through it for the feedline.

Titanex also makes a wide spaced open wire line.  I think it is sold in the
U.S. through Array Solutions (www.arraysolutions.com).  The spacing is
around 100 mm and the impedance is 700 ohms.  See
http://www.titanex.de/acc.html#TWINWIRE for specs.  It isn't cheap--around a

buck a foot I believe.  I am not sure what the advantages are of such a wide

space and 100 ohms higher impedance (comparing with the W7FG line--600 ohms
(see www.w7fg.com) which is much cheaper).  Anyone know?

73,
Rob Atkinson
K5UJ