[TenTec] Omni V Audio

John Huffman hjohnc@core.com
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 13:29:30 -0400

I'd be interested in comparing my Omni V to the Omni V's others own.
Specifically, how loud is the audio?

I get full room sounding audio from the speaker with the AF knob at 8
o'clock.  The minimum setting is at 7 o'clock and anything above 9 o'clock
sounds like it's going to blow out the speaker.

Occasionally I get the howl of feedback at any volume setting above the
minimum.

The setting of the monitor control in the back changes the tone of the audio
(this is while receiving, no transmitting).

It sounds to me like the audio amplifier is much too powerful, but I don't
see an inside adjustment in the manual for backing it off.

Is this typical?   Does your monitor control in the back change the audio
tone?  How can I reduce the amplification of the audio amplifier?

Thanks in advance & 73 de K8HJ
John