[TenTec] Argosy II AGC Modification

J. Crit Harley, MD, C.Ht. jcharley@bellsouth.net
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:19:16 -0400

Recently acquired an Argosy II.  A fine rig, but a little bit of popping
across the band.  Less w/ the audio filters on.
I talked w/ Ten Tec service yesterday and they were not impressed w/ the cap
change in the IF to solve the AGC popping problem.  I basically only work CW
and he felt it would degrade the CW audio too much.  Has anybody on this
list done the modification and been pleased with the results?
Additionally, I have noticed that when I have the 250 hz crystal filter in
line, it takes my audio a long time to come back up when I stop xmitting.
Any thoughts...normal?
Tnx.
73/Crit/K4BXN

multipart/alternative