[TenTec] Need Advice on Paragon 585 (Memory)

Tony Martin w4foa@voy.net
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 17:52:01 -0400

Gang,
I am seeking some advice on a problem being experienced by a
fellow ham in remote Phlippine Islands.  He is using a Paragon
585, and it works perfectly except for the memory.

He is using a rechargable 9 volt battery (this may be a problem?)
which sometimes keep the memory for a day or two and once or
twice kept the memory for a couple of weeks. He also mentioned he is not
using the TenTec power supply, but I don't think that
should matter, right?

He does not have internet, so it is not real easy to pass along
info with any guarantee of success.  Appreciate any ideas which
I will pass along when we next communicate.

Take care..

Tony, W4FOA