[TenTec] Orion shown with Heil mike

W3UIO amishbuggy37@yahoo.com
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 14:15:33 -0700 (PDT)

I notice in Bill's pics that the Orion is shown with a
Heil mike. I hope this means that the Orion's input
circuit is now compatible with Heil. The Omni VI Plus
certainly is not. With the VI Plus the wide position
on the Heil delivers poor audio while the narrow
position is somewhat superior to the TT mike.

This would indicate that if one has the TT mike, there
is no need for a Heil. This lack of compatibility does
not apply to all TT rigs.

Should I sell my Heil, or move to the Orion so that
the Heil will function as intended? ;-)

=====
Larry, W3UIO