[TenTec] Contol of the Orion/340 System

Jim Reid jimr.reid at verizon.net
Thu Apr 17 15:10:35 EDT 2003

Carl wrote in part:

>   But I think there will be an RX ANT connection on a board in
> the Orion that can be brought out to the spare jack.

> It's too bad, with all the great things on the Orion that no AUX
> Receiver jack was put on it.

Maybe I am not sure of what you are talking about.  There is
an RCA socket on the back of the Orion for RX Only antenna
input.

I the AUX Rcvr jack discussed here to be a rcv'd signal
output source,  that is for a signal from the Orion over
to the 340?

In the Pegasus/RX-340 configuration Carl has done,  the
antenna signal first enters the Pegasus,  and a rcv'd
signal is wired out from the Peg for connection over to
the 340 input antenna terminal.  And,  somehow,  Carl
mutes the 340 when the Peg is in transmit mode.  Certainly
the 340 will have to be muted also when the Orion is
to transmit,  hi.

73,  Jim  KH7M