[TenTec] ten tec 1320

wy7w at netzero.net wy7w at netzero.net
Sun Aug 10 19:34:20 EDT 2003

Joe, thanks for reply, I will play with those values for my thumping problem, however, an e-mail from N5ESE told me to play with the value of C80, and I did, with great results, I found that a 330uf cap gives about a 1 second delay from key up to receive, and a 100uf gives about 1/10th a second delay, I went with a 220uf, about a 1/2 a second delay, now what I did is added a spdt toggle switch on the rear chassis and I now toggle between the original capacitor which is a 3.3uf and the 220uf and I now have full break in keying AND semi break in keying! woohoo!

I'm still fighting the popping sound in side tone, I have played with the value of C1 and even removed it entirely and I added the 10k ohm resistor to the mixer, still no help, so I will mess with C41 like you suggested, meanwhile I will take advice for that problem!

Everything else is great, I plan on adding a TICK keyer here shortly, anyone have any luck with that?

Thankyou again and VY 73/72, Tom WY7W