[TenTec] Re: Version 1.356 available now

Grant Youngman nq5t at comcast.net
Wed Aug 20 16:02:32 EDT 2003

> Now have lost the use of my CW st. key as my
> PTT switch.  That was a deliberate change of the
> update cycle....why??  I would like it back!  Now,
> how to do SSB with no easy PTT button?

 ... probably because some other special interest has been
screaming bloody murder about how inconvenient it is to have the
key work when not in CW mode because (1) they're too clumsy not
to  keep bumping it accidentally, and/or (2) not bright enough to
move it off the table .. .. or some other equally silly reason.

 I have a Y-connection on the Aux IO PTT line,  with a footswitch on
half of it, and it works quite nicely.  I tried the key as PTT switch
thing for a while, but ended up not liking the key out on the table
taking up space when it wasn't needed ..

Grant/NQ5T