[TenTec] Re: K2 beats Orion

J. D. duffyb01 at fuse.net
Sat Dec 13 09:49:26 EST 2003

I have been following these performance debates with great amusement. K2 vs.
Orion or Icom vs. Orion, etc.  Really great entertainment.  What it all
comes down to is not a bunch of numbers and who or what has the bigger or
smaller numbers as appropriate - what matters is how any one radio performs
for YOU!  That is the only thing that matters.  In real world conditions,
does the radio do what you want it to do and are you happy with it.  These
facts and figures are published to help inform you of the radio's potential
performance.  Real world experience usually differs.

Reminds me of my more youthful days working in a local Rat Shack selling
stereos.  People had to have speakers with frequency response of 20-20,000
hz or 10 to 25,000 hz or whatever.  Never mind the fact that most people can
t hear these ranges.  All that really matters is that the speakers sounded
good to you.

Let's spend time operating instead of endless debating of potentially
useless information.

Merry Christmas!

Duffy
www.wb8nut.com