[TenTec] Orion freezes due to RFI??

Jason Buchanan jsb at digistar.com
Mon Dec 15 15:43:39 EST 2003

Jason Buchanan wrote:

> Regarding the beads, 2 turns won't do much, 3 is better, 4 is very nice.
> I have 4 beads in total.  Problem eliminated.

I should probably mention that on 40 meters my monitor gets a little
brighter when I key up on CW and my wife's computer mouse goes wild but
the dipole isn't very far away so the near-field effect is in full force
on that band.

But even with these horrible RF conditions i'm in the internal speaker
or headphones do not experience/create problems.  The beads eliminated
the problem for the external speaker.

73 Jason