[TenTec] Orion freezes due to RFI??

Michael Melland, W9WIS w9wis at charter.net
Mon Dec 15 15:07:20 EST 2003

Another source of RF into the Jupiter  (maybe the Orion too) is via the TX
EN amp control line.  I had a devil of a time solving RFI screwing up the
Jupiter when connected to a Herc II.  Ten-Tec Service told me the problem
was that the TX EN line is not RF bypassed.  I added a big RF choke on the
line at the connector in the Herc II and it pretty much solved the problem.
I no longer have the Herc II and with my new legal limit amp I have the same
issue when using  above 1KW again.... but just haven't had time to sort it
out yet.

Mike, W9WIS