[TenTec] Re: Highlights of German Orion Review

Rick Westerman Rick at dj0ip.de
Tue Dec 23 22:23:10 EST 2003

Mario, now you are mixing politics with computers!

VMS, as well as NT was not developed by Bill Carter, nor by Jimmy
Clinton ;-)

In fact it was David N. Cutler.

To be exact, Dave was NT's chief architecture, but he was really
only 1/3 of the VMS design team.  The other two were Dick
Hustvedt and Peter Lipman.  The overall project was driven by
Gordon Bell.  As you said, the devil is in the details!

As for details in tests, believe me, the Germans do it in as much
detail as you might wish (too much for my liking).  The first
ORION test was not the thorough test (what you guys call the
extended test) but rather just the operational part of the test.

73
Rick