[TenTec] TT Orion: Also SEMI-BK-IN possible ?

Rick Westerman Rick at dj0ip.de
Sun Dec 28 13:07:46 EST 2003

Paul, I'm going to wait for Yuri and others to respond before
making up my mind, but I must admit that your suggestion sounds
like it will work just fine. However we Ten-Tec owners will have
to draw up our own "Instruction Manual" about how to hook it up
and bring it with us to the contests so that the other, non-T-T
hams will know how to do it.  It isn't immediately apparent -
indeed, it took this group several days to come up with the
solution.
73
Rick

You and Yuri have proven your point that a separate PTT is
required for
properly operating a CW contest card...only, the proper place for
PTT is in
front of the amplifier...not the Orion.

73,

-Paul, W9AC