[TenTec] 240 160M Transverter

Paul Valko - W8KC w8kc at comcast.net
Mon Dec 29 01:36:05 EST 2003

David,

Well... I dug around this hellhole and could not find the instructions for
the transverter.  Found a TON of other stuff I'd not seen in years though
:-)

I think you have everything OK except for connecting the transverter out
line.  I **THINK** that goes to the 540's REC ANT input and then you must
throw the REC ANT switch on the rear panel of the 540.  The transverter will
give you about 75 watts on Top Band.

A few dollars to Ten*Tec will solve both problems and you DEFINITELY need
the 540 owners/service manual.  It's WELL worth whatever those nice folks in
Sevierville are getting for it.  Tell 'em I sent you.

73! =paul= W8KC
Collector of Ten*Tecs and other fine plastics.
Visit the Virtual Ten*Tec Museum at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/w8kc