[TenTec] No ALC cable to AMP?

Adam Farson farson at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 30 00:23:34 EST 2003

If the Orion is not fitted with an ALC input, it will not be safe to use it
as an exciter for any of the popular Japanese solid-state amplifiers such as
the Icom IC-2KL, IC-4KL or IC-PW1, the Yaesu FL-7000 or VL-1000, the JRC
JRL-2000F or JRL-3000F or the Kenwood TL-933.

All these amplifiers use the ALC line to reduce drive in the event that
their protection subsystem detects an anomalous operating condition. The ALC
line is thus the amp's first line of defence. Please refer to:

http://www.qsl.net/ab4oj/quadra/sshfamp.html#11

Best 73,
Adam, VA7OJ/AB4OJ
North Vancouver, BC, Canada