[TenTec] Fw: Editorial Letter

Joe Malloy jmalloy at stny.rr.com
Sat Feb 1 23:11:59 EST 2003

> Personally, I'm looking forward to the arrival of my new TenTec ORION,
> representing the latest in amateur radio technology.  With it,
> I'll operate
> SSB, CW and AM as well as some of the digital modes.  I just don't like
> being left out in the cold by an organization that is supposed to
> represent
> ALL of my interests.
>
> I suggest that you do the same.

Why, Bob, I'll be sure to take you up on your suggestion if you'll just
forward the $3300 or maybe a new Orion to me when it's available. :)

Seriously, I can't reconsider my $39 to the ARRL since I became a life
member, oh, about a lifetime ago (about 25 years ago - best deal I ever
made!).  It's like being a citizen of the USA: sometime you disagree
vehemently with the people in governmental power (like those now) but they
represent you just the same.  Sometimes I don't like what the ARRL does, but
it still represents me all the same.  Sure, if you don't like 'em, don't
renew/join/support them in any way.  But I think that for those of us who
like radio (Ten-Tec in particular!) their representation is a good deal.

73,

Joe, W2RBA