[TenTec] "Studio One" and a Jupiter

WILLIAM MANSEY; WA2PVK res0wsci at verizon.net
Mon Feb 17 16:45:10 EST 2003

Hi Bill,
    I used the Heil HM-10, with the HC-4 and HC-5 cartridges, with my
Jupiter.  The DX element does work (I always forget if that is the "4" or
"5"!) VERY well for working DX and getting heard in a pileup.  I was very
happy with that microphone.  I still have the mic. and am using it on my new
Argonaut V as I traded my Jupiter towards an Orion.  The HM-10 works every
bit as well on the Argo.  As Dave mentioned, in his response to your post,
the Heil microphones are designed to be close-talked and this may take some
getting used to IF you are used to talking "at" a microphone instead of
talking "to" a microphone.  The microphone clips come with the microphone -
NOT - with the various types of stands or booms.  73,  Bill

---