[TenTec] Operating SSB in Canada on CW frequencies

Bill Cotter n4alg at qx.net
Mon Feb 24 09:57:32 EST 2003

Hi Adam,

Perhaps you can enlighten me a bit on our neighbors to the North.
Why is it that the Canadian amateurs are carrying on SSB QSO's in
the traditionally CW bands on 40M? I am speaking of the QRP segment
(7.050-7.070mHz) and the CW rag chew segment (&.025-7.050mHz)?

It would seem that the CRRL or some other body would act to protect
these segments. Am I missing something?

73 bill