[TenTec] Tested: 1.8 filter definitely not engaging, ideas?

tlogan7 at cox.net tlogan7 at cox.net
Thu Feb 27 22:32:37 EST 2003

Hi folks -
Regarding my 1.8 filter that does not work, I tried Ron's test, below, with
the PBT at 4 o'clock and found no difference. Then I opened the rig and
pulled the filter out of the slot while the radio was operating and the 1.8
selection button was on - there was no difference in reception. Having had
an Omni V, I know what the 1.8 should sound like and it's definitely not
working. The jumpers that folks mentioned relate to the 9 MHz board and also
to the Corsair II - but not to the Omni VI 6MHz board. So I am stumped. Any
suggestions? Do you think the fellows at Ten Tec could work this one out
over the phone? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks for all of the replies
sent. I sure do like this rig - don't want to have to send it to Ten Tec and
be without it though!
Regards, Tim NZ7C